Monday 11 March 2013

Friend Makin Mondays #4

wpid-friend-makin-monday-for-post3-300x179.jpg

Thanks to Kenlie for hosting!

Yay food questions. I am writing this whilst eating a very tasty breakfast of ... Crunchy Peanut Butter on Wholemeal Toast w/ a mug of tea at my side. Absolute Bliss :D I have started eating PB again, after last month when I somehow managed to out PB myself. I know! Well I am definitely back on that saddle :D

1. What did you eat for dinner last night?

I ate Southern Fried Chicken Hot and Spicy Breast w/ a plate full of Salad, New Pots and a tad of Cheese (or a lot ;D). It was what I call "naughty" but delicious. But I am now out and have made the grown-up decision to not get any more. I think it will be a wise choice :D

2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose?

Whoa, that's a hard choice. Errm there are a lot of foods I'd like to make calorie free! Hmm... Chocolate, PB, ANYTHING sweet.

3.  How often do you go to the grocery store?

Errm, it really depends. I am on a Uni student budget. So, what works best for me is popping in throughout the week when I need things. With my schedule this doesn't always happen usually I do two big shops.

4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? 

I do try to look in the cupboard and write down on a list the essentials, but it normally just ends up being what catches my eye and what's on a good deal. But maybe I'll try again next Semester.

5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen.

Wholemeal Flour, Milk, Bananas, A sweet spread of some kind and sauces (ketchup and mayo).

6. How often do you clean out your fridge?

Errm... well we did it when we first moved in in September and we did it this weekend! I know, we need to get better at this. We normally do one big clean every week but for some reason the fridge is always ignored and forgotten. But not anymore!

7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe?

I don't but I'd love to have a go :D

8. How often do you try new recipes?

I am the kind of person who sticks to what they know, but over the summer months when I have more time I tend to do a lot of experimenting then.

9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? 

It's got to be a three-way toss up between; My Curry, Chilli and Fajitas! So, so yummy. I need to start making meals from scratch again. But it's the end of semester so I am way too busy!

10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it.

Hmm... I never really buy anything I am unsure of or think I may not like. But I do have spring rolls in the freezer from months ago when I was going through a phase and it's the same for the weetabix sitting in my cupboard. 

Great questions this week! Enjoy your week everyone :D

6 comments:

  1. Dropping by from FMM. I tried Weetabix too. Once. Why do people eat them? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have phases where I love it and phases where I can't stand it. I usually love it in November/December. But I always have to have different toppings because it's like oats it gets boring after a while! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  2. Hey! Stopping over from All the Weigh FMM. Is your chili recipe a healthy version. Because I could sure use one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's healthy, but the one I have been eating lately is a quick-cook-to eat one. I use extra lean mince meat, as many veggies as I can cram into my saucepan, including Kidney beans (either with or without chilli sauce - it depends on the kick you want). Recently I've added a tin of canned toms, aswell as baked beans to both pad it out and give it a creamy texture.

      Doesn't sound appetising, but it's good winter food. And I add packet chilli mixture to it with all the spices. But that's just the recipe I am using at the moment which is the least healthiest. I also use Turkey Mince sometimes to reduce my fat intake - but it's just not the same.

      Oh and I also make one from scratch scratch but lately there has been no time. Thanks for stopping by Ayana :D

      Delete
  3. Calorie free peanut butter. That's a fantastic idea! I really, really wish these calorie-free wishes could come true. Although, I'm surprised to hear it's possible to be peanut butter'd out. I could eat it all day, every day. This is why I don't even keep it in my house. :|

    Anyway, I answered the FMM questions, too! http://delightfullyshrinking.com/2013/03/friend-makin-monday-food-questions/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It would be great :D Yep it's true I out peanut buttered myself. I was buying a jar a week and getting through it pretty quickly. After a while it became pretty meh! But I am somebody who will eat a food until I wear it out (so to speak), so I need to change it up every now and again.

      I think it's wise to not keep it in your house. I am the same with other foods like biscuits, sweets etc. I am a sucker for Haribo :D

      Delete