Tuesday 3 September 2013

September Goals and August Update

I have no idea why, but August feels so far away now. Is it just me, or do you guys feel like that too? It's strange. It doesn't feel like I've only just entered September at all. Anyway I wanted to just write down some goals, so they sound real. For me it helps to write down what I am doing or what I want to do. I am a big fan of writing in general, not just on here or for my course, but I write all the time - even if it is just on the back of a scrap piece of paper or a sticky note. It helps me to get things done, and also remember what I wanted to do. Like I said I am forever making lists of things to get done, and with weight loss and exercise I am not any different.

Hello, September
Source

I realise that yesterday I should have probably weighed in, and got a reading to go off. But I don't want this month to stress me out any more than what it should. Obviously, I am going back to University for my final and last year as an undergrad student, and with that comes a lot of stress and pressure. It will be my last year of studying, maybe forever/definitely for a long time. I certainly don't have any plans to further my education after these next nine/ten months are up, and so I am starting to get down to the business end of 'after education'. I'm not going to spend any more of this post rambling on about it, but I am basically going to be adjusting and getting back into the swing of things. Meaning that I don't  what to add to that pressure with such fickle, time-consuming things such as 'weight loss'. Instead I want to just have a chilled, relaxed approach and basically ease myself back into life.

This all means I am going to be taking everyday as it comes, and making the best decisions I can based on that. In the past when I have been striving for weight loss, especially at the start of a term (when I have just come back from 'home') I tended to seclude myself and not participate socially. Something I have been desperately working on all year, and in fact having success with!

So, with that being said, I basically don't want to overload myself and so I won't be following any strict eating or exercising plan. Instead I will just be trying to eat healthier, not eating as much junk food and fast food. September will definitely be a month to get back to basics etc.

As trainers like to say, you can't out exercise a bad diet. Healthy eating
Source

First day down, and I didn't do too bad. I got an hour + workout in and I resisted 'bad' snacks. My bad snack in particular at the moment is Doritos. I need to just resist for a while and take a break from them. Overall it was a successful day!

Right, no let's get on to goals:

Starting with...

Food

- Avoid 'bad' snacks (mainly crisps and chocolate snacks).
- Keep takeaways to a max of one per week *(see more as a 'cheat' meal).
- At meal times inc. Veggies and Salad.
- Smaller Portion sizes.

*I hate that work 'cheat', maybe I mean indulgence more than cheat

I think four goals is enough to keep me occupied during the month of September. For me I want to get back on track, and so the best way to do that is make some good progress each month. That's the best way for me to incorporate 'good' habits again.

Moving onto...

Exercise

- Move more in general, and keep active.
- Do more activities, maybe swimming?!

As you can tell, I don't want to commit myself to too much, hence the generality of my goals. If I can move more each day that will be great. With my course I spend a lot of time either in class sitting or at home studying because my course requires a lot of reading, which means I am 'still' a lot. So, getting out for walks will hopefully break that up!

I am not going to make a weight-loss goal for this month, maybe I will next month - but I feel as though I have enough to be getting on with for this month. Hopefully, though if I am eating well and moving more my weight will even out again. Hopefully.

August...

August was a weird month for me, and although I feel it went fast, I am not sure if very much happened. It felt like a bit of a blah month to be honest, and instead of making progress I slightly slipped back. Which although I wasn't proud of, I also don't want to dwell on the mistakes I made in the month of August. Instead I want to use those mistakes and learn from them this month.

At some point I will be posting starting photos and ending photos, I am just waiting for my sister to take them with my better camera.


xo Thanks for Reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment