Saturday 18 January 2014

Weekly Update.

Word.


Sophrosyne

(n.) a healthy state of mind, characterized by self-control, moderation, and a deep awareness of one's true self, and resulting in true happiness


This is my word of the day! And definitely reflects how I am feeling at the moment.


This week is one I am calling a success. Not only did I make both my University deadlines but I also got to the gym twice. Score.

On Monday and Wednesday I had deadlines and then on Tuesday and Thursday I hit the gym. And today I had to go class and then food shopping, so all in all not a bad attempt at a stressful week. Next week should revert back to normal. I should have my classes and then the rest is up to me. On top of the two classes I am taking this Semester I have my dissertation and on top of that I have to search and apply for jobs. So although I am only doing three hours in class every week this semester, I am definitely not going to be bored or have lots of free time.

In fact, this semester may actually be my busiest yet. Other than another deadline on Monday for a Creative Writing module I took last semester, I have no other deadlines until March. But I guess the dissertation and the job search are going to ongoing deadlines that I meet every week by chipping away at them.

I haven't come up with an exact plan yet, but I was thinking;

- One day dedicated to... Dissertation. - One day dedicated to...Job searching. - One day dedicated to assignments. and the rest I would change accordingly depending on the week. Obviously this isn't set in stone and I can swap around days depending on how I feel. But the most important thing is that I get my hours in for each and none of them become neglected, like I have done so, so, many times before.

Managing to get to the gym twice felt bad but so good at the same time. I felt good for dragging my butt there even though it was a busy week but I felt terrible! I have lost a bit of stamina and strength I think, which sucks. But I am hoping to work hard this semester and get it back! That's for sure. There's a chance I may be going on holiday in may and with that chance I am taking it in both hands and repping with it. If I don't go I still look good and feel good, right. So it's not for nothing.

My diet has been good, but not a hundred percent where I would like to be. But I keep reminding myself that with every meal I get another chance. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But by keep repeating it, I am hoping it's a habit that sticks.

I am basically heading in the right direction.

There's not a doubt in my mind that I am ever going to be "perfect". It's not what I strive for.  And that goes for both my body, my eating habits and my exercise frequency etc. It just not possible if you want to enjoy your life. There's needs to be a balance of everything, and I am finally getting to grips with it.

Well, it only took me twenty years haha.

I still haven't weighed myself and I am not sure when I want to face it, but right now I feel like I am doing ok without it. Maybe sometime next week?

I want to work on myself without looking at the scale. And at the moment I am ok with that. But next week...who knows.

xoThanks for Readingxo

No comments:

Post a Comment