Tuesday 25 March 2014

Procrastination and A Full Plate!

The full plate I am in fact referring to is that of my life. There is so much to do, and I just can't find where to begin.



 If I start one thing I am neglecting the other, and I battle this vicious circle until I finally pick a path.

The problem is, this doesn't always happen straight away and by then a few hours of my life has been wasted. A few hours where I could have gone to the gym, come home and showered.

I honestly can't tell you how many hours I have wasted in contemplation and avoidance. The two seem to just go hand in hand. It's almost like I am contemplating to avoid!

There's no time like the present

Writing that down, and it somehow becomes more funny and I can definitely see where my wasted time is going.

Do you ever have that problem? Too much to do, so instead you do nothing.

The logic of the above is baffling beyond believe, and as a logical, everything must have an answer kind-of-a-girl, then I realise wholeheartedly how crazy the above is.

But I also realise the things that are holding me back, and how and why I am procrastinating....yep I realise these little add-ons that I am using to explain, only make me sound crazier.

But with all this said I am sure I am not alone. Procrastination comes to us at some point or another, usually when we least what it to spring, and that's exactly how I am feeling now.

I actually...and this is the god's honest truth, stopped going to the gym because it was cutting into my studying time. But now looking back I realise that it was actually removing me of unwanted stress and giving me balance. Yes, it is fair to say that I've been a right plonker!

This is why I am heading back to the gym once I am back in Cheltenham again. So not only have I not been going, but my genius plan of more study-time failed also.

And I have a feeling procrastination isn't something that just fades and falls away with age either?!

So, that's why I have decided to write a list, prioritise things on that list, and then get that work or those things done.

I am beginning to realise that I am not Superwoman (though I have had those dreams), and so sometimes things need to get left behind and knocked of the list.

And that's just something I need to be ok with.

There's no time like the present. #inspiration #wisewords

Q.) What's the craziest way you procrastinate?

A.) I clean everything, even my shoes!

xo Chloe xo

No comments:

Post a Comment