Saturday 27 April 2013

Long Time, No Post

So it's been a long time since I sat down or even contemplated writing a post. There's been so many things happening around here, and with end of year exams literally just a week away I'm a little stressed to say the least! But I'm determined to start blogging again and to get back some kind of a routine.

Ever go through those times where whilst doing one thing, you are thinking about another thing you need to get done? Well, that's what I've been constantly doing these past few weeks. There's so much to get done in such a short amount of time, and I want to do well in all areas. That includes food and exercise, something that has been very touch and go at the moment. But, to be honest with you it hasn't been a priority like it was a month or so ago. This week though I am determined to make sure I fit some workouts into the mix. Even though I have three exams and one assignment left to go until I'm finished for my second year, I don't have any more classes to go to. Which is both nice, and not so nice. I like routine and this routine is now down to me, which is going to be a good test for summer.

My eating is getting better in general, not just the physical aspect of eating the food, but also mentally and my attitude towards food I have noticed is massively improving. I am finally getting to grips with the fact that treats are there to be enjoyed, as is the rest of the food we eat. Of course, it primarily serves the function of fuelling our bodies each day to get us through our daily activities, but that doesn't mean it needs to be a chore and become something we dread. My disordered way of eating has been an issue since my early teens, and something I rarely discuss or share. The people I'm closest to are aware of my constant issues, "battle", whatever you want to call it with food, and although I've become better over the years by a long shot, there are still improvements I need to make and are being made with every week, if not day, that passes. It's all about working hard to improve what is already there bit by bit, and that's what I feel I'm getting better at. I certainly wouldn't say I know everything there is to know about diet and exercise etc. All I am saying is I'm noticing how much better I am getting and that's something I am proud of.

At the moment the goal in regards to weight that I am working towards is under the ten stone mark (140 pounds). Something it seems I am always working towards but the goals is to get under that mark and maintain it, without being too strict on myself! The goal is to achieve this before my birthday on June the 4th, which is when I will be turning 20 and for me going into my second decade, which I must admit I'm excited for. It will also be a week before I go to France and I want to be looking and feeling great for then too.

The sun has been shining here as of late, and it is lovely. I am someone really affected by season, weather, etc and I have noticed how boosted my moods become, just by getting some heat and sunlight on my skin. I am excited for the summer months, hopefully the weather will only improve and we'll get to spend some quality time outside just enjoying everything summer has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment