Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lately, Recently, Currently,... Whatever You Want To Call It

I haven't really been taking many photos and what I have been taking haven't been very good. So I figured if they are boring me, then there's no hope for the rest of you. With that said I may start posting daily again. I know I keep going back and forth with posting daily eats and exercise, but sometimes it helps me and sometimes it doesn't. I think as long as I keep them relatively short it should be fine. At least for the next week and a bit anyways.

 But don't hold me to it because sometimes I just feel like I haven't got the energy to do it, or it's just boring to do because it's the same as yesterday. And if I am bored myself then there isn't any point in doing it, right?

Recently, I have noticed that although I've been keeping busy, I am not necessarily getting a lot done, at all. Basically I am calling myself out. I have become complacent and lazy, and I need to put on my productivity cap and get back out there. Into the wide world, that holds both success and failure. But until you get out there and see you won't know which one it's going to be.

That's the way I've always been. In fact no. In the past I have actually been lazier than I have been since finishing University for the year, and definitely since getting back from Paris. My mom called me on it the other day and I put my usual barrier up and became defensive. Trust me, it's a technique that has been working wonders for me in the past. But not any more.

My mom's comments really hit me at my core, and I found myself dwelling on her comments. She said I wasn't helping out and that I hadn't been doing anything around the house, and she was of course right. It came out a bit blunter than intended I could tell, but still it was the truth and at first I refused to acknowledge it, let alone believe in it.

But I eventually saw it from her point of few, and with it realising my own mistakes.

The older I get, the more I realise only good things can come from hearing the other people around you out. Don't get me wrong, you may not always agree with what that other person is saying but taking the time to listen is good manners, thoughtful and free. It costs you nothing, but a bit of extra time to pay attention to what the other is saying, right?

And that's where I have been trying to change my way of thinking. To be more rational and calmer in situations which I'd either rather ignore or just get too angry that I can't react properly.

I guess it's all part of the package when searching for a healthier life. 

Anyways, the point of today's post was to say I am going to start being more productive in every aspect of my life; on here, at home, out there, everywhere. Because really the only thing stopping me is me and the perception I have of myself, and that I am sorry is not a good enough reason.

Today's message is to not let yourself, get yourself. And now I have the P!nk song stuck in my head, which is not too bad I guess :-D

Don't ever be your worst enemy, be your best friend!

Don't let me get me!

Source

Don't let me get me.
Source

Fingers Crossed for Tomorrow :-D And here's to New Beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment