Tuesday 25 June 2013

Making A Come-Back

I'm going to do a Paris post when I get around to it. I had such a good time and would definitely go back again. We got to do it all (well most of it). Best of all many of the places we visited were free, because we were under 25 and in the E.U. Which was even better for us students :-D So, I hope to get around to that in the next few days.

My diet lately hasn't been the best it can be and I am trying desperately to regain some momentum. As I mentioned in my Friend Makin Monday post - I am ill. But the worst thing about it is I am ill and I can't put my finger on it. My head aches, my stomach is off and my throat hurts. I am taking paracetamol every four hours but it wont budge. Sure, maybe it's because my diet hasn't been the best of recent days, and crap was consumed that normally isn't. But I am trying to regain my healthy pre-Paris eating and exercise regime. I guess I just need to be patient and take every day as it comes, and every meal for that matter.

To say I don't feel a hundred percent would be an under statement. It all started on Saturday night when I just knew something was up, but when I woke up at half three in the morning (after only four hours of sleep) to catch my flight back to England, I really didn't have high hopes that I'd make it to the airport without puking. Lookily I did but I haven't felt that terrible in ages. I couldn't even swallow tablets without feeling nauseous and heaving.

So today I am taking a complete rest day, unlike yesterday when I ran an easy 4 miler on the treadmill. Well when I say easy it wasn't a walk in the park but neither was I feeling terrible, until I came out of the shower half an hour later feeling like death and have ever since. At the moment I am lying on the settee with a sick blanket, watching the tennis. Which would all be utter bliss if I wasn't so ill I couldn't get comfy.

Anyways, the bottom line is I need to retrace my steps. I need to eat clean and healthy, and I also need to get active again. At the moment I just have so much going on with my stomach I never feel comfortable, just wish I knew what it was. The plan is to get back to basics and then when I feel ready to weigh-in again. Right now is not the time to pay attention to the scale and what it has to say. Instead it is time to concentrate on how I feel once again, notice the bad patterns I have fell into and slowly but surely create good habits again to regain control.

The bottom line is I'm not feeling my best at the moment and that's going to be my goal for the rest of the month, also going into July. To eat better and to feel better.


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a rest day is just what you need. I really hope you are in tip top shape again soon :)

    What we eat really does affect how we feel and I think it's so great that you realize that Chloe! It takes some years to get that.

    I can also totally relate to the stomach problems which I've had for over a year now. I hope those don't become chronic for you and that you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely what I needed :D I am definitely already more aware than most, since I suffer from both bouts of gastritis and IBS. The things with stomach issues though is that no one can give you a definite and it takes time. Which sucks but hopefully I'll come up with solutions to tame it, if not cure it.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting :D X0

      Delete