Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year, New Me...?

Like I said in Mondays post for MIMM, I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions. When I was in Secondary School or High School, whichever you prefer, I was. But I haven't made them in years. Instead I find it more helpful to set them whenever I choose to. You can choose to be a new you every day you wake up. That's in your control and 24 hours doesn't change anything. 

But what I will write down is my goals for the month of January.

Three goals seems a reasonable number to start with...so here they are. Oh and these will more than likely be beginning when I get back to Cheltenham, as I am spending the next few days with my family.

To exercise five days out of seven.

and that doesn't necessarily mean get to the gym. That can be anything I want it to be. Maybe walks or a dvd or even strength exercises.

To drink as much fluids as I can; mainly water and squash.

And...finally

To eat a 80% fresh foods diet.

When the holidays are over some may find it hard to quickly convert, but if I am honest I am really craving an apple now! 

Can't wait for normality to begin and routines to revert back to normal. It really can't come sooner. I love to relax my diet and skip workouts in order to spend time with friends and family, but I am all ready for it to be over with.

The reason I'm not setting any weight goals yet, and this is just a personal choice, is because I am not going to weigh in. Maybe I will at the end of the month, or I might even leave it until the beginning of March. I can feel for myself when I am being healthy and doing everything I am supposed to be doing. And so I am not going to weigh-in knowing I will see a gain. Call it what you will. But for me this is the best way to proceed.

I am also thinking about trying out a challenge. My last challenge was back in October, and I attempted a squatting challenge. Can't remember how far I had gotten now, but I didn't fully complete it, which was a little disappointing.

Here are a few I am considering...courtesy of Pinterest!

Arms, arms, beautiful arms
Source

30-Day Ab Challenge.
Source

SQUAT CHALLENGE!
Source



Any challenges that you are embarking on in the month of January?

Have you set your January goals yet?

xoThanks for Readingxo

No comments:

Post a Comment