Wednesday 22 January 2014

WIAW: Since I've Been Back At University

Since being back at Uni after the Christmas season it was honestly nice to see an apple and a salad. When I've been eating heavy, indulgent meals I seriously end up missing the greens in my life. I don't know how people eat like that all year round. I like my chocolate, but I think it's best in moderation.

Saying that I picked up the best treat over the weekend. I love Ferrero Rocher choccies anyways but this year I have found them in mini egg form. I ask you, what could be better? I reckon a bag a week until Easter is in order. Did I already mention chocolate moderation? Whoops. But these are seriously good. I don't usually go for the typical mini eggs and Easter eggs that come out, but these babies are right up my street!

Ok, it's time to confess! I brought the packet on Saturday...it's now Tuesday and there's two eggs left. Although, I did give two to my housemates to try...so now I don't feel too bad....sort of.

First of all thanks to Jenn for hosting!

Yes, I thought they were so good I had to instagram them!


There has always been a lot of this...coffee...coffee...coffee. You can tell I've had three essays due!


But it hasn't all been terrible and ruining my insides, I have also been sipping this beauty, a new to me green tea - Orange Blossom and Elderflower...I think.



I also re-discovered some of my old favourites. PB and banana on toast is always good in my book. And I've also added in a pro-biotic vanilla yoghurt drink that I was taking in the summer. It's tasty and it helps your gut, what's not to like there?


As you can tell I've also re-discovered my love for yoghurt. This one was ok, but not worth the repurchase, and I through in some banana bread for good measure. Tasty, but not tasty enough for repurchases. 


Oranges. I brought some Vitamin C Tabs the other day because I've been feeling a little under the weather, but I decided why not take the tabs and eat the real thing! Winner...Winner...



Another thing I can't get enough of is eggs. I like the boiled, poached, fried, scrambled...you name it, I've had it in the last few weeks.


I made a big batch of pasta the other day and have been mixing and matching it ever since. And I haven't been able to get enough of cheese or salad lately. More cheese than salad though, sadly for my waist anyways ;-D


Oh and on Sunday night we had/made lasagne as a house. It was good, but a bit too dense and unhealthy for my liking, so I am definitely going to have to make a healthier version. Does a healthier version of lasagne even exist? I'm not sure, but I dread to hear the fat and calories in the lasagne that I ate. Leftovers have been put in the freezer.


Soup and Rolls is another one that I've been loving. Especially the Tuscan Bean Soup that I get from Tesco.


Jackets have also been on the menu. Tasty, Cheap and Filling. What's not to love about that?


And finally these beauties! I got the basis of the recipe from Monica at Run Eat Repeat, you can find it here. But I did put my own spin on it! And they were definitely tasty. Thank you for the inspiration Monica.

Apple Muffins

What was the best thing you made this week?

xoThanks for Readingxo



2 comments:

  1. Whelp, I know what I will be looking for in the stores now, those darn eggs. They sound amazing! The best thing I made this week is a toss up between Spaghetti Pizza Pie (kind of tastes like lasagna?) and Roasted Cabbage Wedges. Drooling now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing. I am spreading the good word about them. And that definitely sounds like a healthier version that I want to try! And roasted cabbage wedges sounds interesting?!

      Delete