Saturday 12 October 2013

Where Have I Been?

Well, I can completely confirm (loving the alliteration), that the semester has begun. It began three weeks ago, but first week is just reassuring us, the students, what's going to be happening on each Module. They usually last an hour and we are released. And then we move on to week two, and the realisation of what the semester will be about finally begins to sink in. Then we have the third week, and BAM.

Oh yes, those caps are definitely in order. I will list write now everything that is going through my head, and unusually there are many questions. It's like I have finally woken up and realised this year education will end and then what?!

The many questions floating around my mind...

*What do I want to do?
*When and what should I be applying for?
*Should I be applying for Jobs or Internships or Work Experience?
*Should I try and cram some work experience or an internship into this academic year?
*Do I just apply for retail and basic jobs?
*Do I apply for everything?
*What should my C.V look like?
*What should my cover letter look like?
*Should I apply for part-time jobs this semester (even though I am exceptionally busy!)?

I think you get the point right?

But with realisation brings productivity, which I am thankful for. Sometimes in the past under pressure I freeze up and then have to make rushed decisions towards the end - so it's nice to at least be planning a little ahead and sorting out my options.

Hopefully when it comes to the end of the academic year, I have a plan of what I want to do, my next move in life and where I want to live. That would be lovely. I have always been someone who likes to know where I am going, and that will probably never change! Direction is key to success. With me anyways. I've known this for years, since I began high school really. So, that's what I have been doing in regards to Academia and Work related things. If I am honest all it looks like I've been doing is panicking, but productive panic is always favoured over straight up panic, am I right?

If you've glanced at the right-side bar, you will have noticed that my weight has gone down. It's basically four of the pounds I gained over Summer with two more pounds to go! But it's nice to see them go nevertheless.

But I have also took the step into joining the gym. We looked around the all ladies gym last Friday, and then on Tuesday we had an induction and a mini-stair climber fitness test. It wasn't too bad, but I've been going everyday since Tuesday and it feels great! It's so good to be working out again. I am by no means a gym bunny, but I love the gym. I may not be the most athletic, or the slimmest or the most toned. But I absolutely love the strength I get from going to the gym, and it has also helped me sort out some of my stomach issues - just in the sense of my eating schedule and the certain foods I want to eat after a workout etc. I mean you don't have to be the brightest bulb to know that going to the gym is a positive thing, but in the past my anxiety has stopped me from doing such things and definitely a year ago I wouldn't have been able to do this and for that I am proud.

I joined with my best friend, only for a month as tester. I don't think that she's going to join again when our month runs out, but I am enjoying it and will make my decision in a months time. I just keep thinking of the amount of money, but then I weigh up the benefits and I think they are completely worth it.

Here's some Photographic Catch-Up:

Blueberry and Blackberry Smoothie.

Study Time.

Study Time some more.

Oh and more Study Time.

Tasty Left-Overs.

Home-Made Apple Crumble.

New Faux-Leather Jacket.

Porridge with Blackberries, Almonds and Nutella.

Greek Yoghurt, Almond Flakes, Blackberries and Banana.

Honey and Tea Time.


Anyway, that's me. Let me know what's been going on with you lately. Anything important or worth a mention (no matter how big or how small!)

xoThanks for Readingxo

No comments:

Post a Comment